The Governing Body, which works across both campuses, is responsible for all decisions made within the Academy and will have a clear role in the on-going strategic development of the organisation. Any decisions they make come into effect on both sites.
The Governing Body is made up of:
- The Principal and Chief Executive (Mr Douglas Blackledge)
- The Sponsors (6 Representatives – 2 per sponsor organisation)
- A person appointed by the County Council (Mrs Anne Burns)
- Parent Governors (Mr Gary James, & Mr Scott Wilson)
- Elected staff members (Mrs. Sayle)
Additional members can become a part of the Governing Body as agreed by the sponsors, and we are always open to suggestions.