Rewards and Recognition
Furness Academy has a ‘Rewards and Recognition’ scheme. We aim to build upon and expand our current systems of support for all students, combining both praise and rewards.
At Furness Academy, we firmly believe in recognising and supporting individual progress and achievement in all areas of school life.
The scheme’s focus is on recognising and rewarding:
- Excellent attendance and punctuality
- Exemplary behaviour
- Striving for Personal Best through 100% effort
- Outstanding individual achievement
- Supportive attitudes to other students
- Developing the excellent image of Furness Academy in the Community
- Extra-curricular success
- Constructive contributions to the way the school is run
- Enterprising activities
The scheme will focus on all students, and will not solely focus on academic achievement, although this is of course important.
The ‘Rewards and Recognition’ scheme so far includes:
- Praise postcards (designed by students of Furness Academy) to be sent to parents/carers
- Attendance Rewards – to recognise the commitment and determination of students who achieve 100% attendance throughout each school term
- Student of the Month – to be nominated by subject teachers.
- Recognition of Achievement – via display throughout school, TV screens situated around the school sites, the school website and where appropriate, in the North West Evening Mail
- Yearbook – to celebrate achievement throughout the school year via a glossy publication, free to all
- Vivo Miles – the school rewards system, allowing students to collect miles and spend them via the online shop, at their leisure
- Furness Academy Awards Evening – a prestigious event to celebrate outstanding achievement
Furness Academy aim to recognise and reward all types of progress in all areas for all students.